Prompt: How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

Prompt Response: Living around Atlanta has influenced the way I see my community, culture, and identity by expressing all the important cultures that I have grown a part of, living around and visiting downtown Atlanta frequently. I view Atlanta as my home because I have lived around Atlanta my whole life and have made many memories in the city of Atlanta. Since all the times I have been in Atlanta for many social events being music festivals, concerts, sporting events and more, I have really been influenced to see my community and all the culture throughout Atlanta. These events really brought me and people of any community together to understand the diversity and culture through out Atlanta and why it is so special. If I was speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta I would want them to know that Atlanta is a very special, diverse, and welcoming community for all.

Summary: Wednesday, in class we watched a video of Keisha Lance Bottoms making a response to end all the violent destructive protests on the death of George Floyd and police brutality. We also identified SPACECAT and types of rhetorical appeals Lance Bottoms used in her response to the violent and destructive protests all throughout the city of Atlanta at the time.

Reflection: Wednesday, in class I learned how to better idenifty types of rehtorical appeals that speakers use to convey their audience. I can use what I learned in class on Wednesday to do better on assignments like this and upcoming tests and quizzes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.