Prompt: Think of a time when you tried to persuade someone to agree with you, change their mind, or do something you wanted. What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?
A time I tried to persuade someone to do something I wanted was when I used ethos and pathos to convince my mom to let us get cats. I used pathos to convince my mom to let us get cats by how I saw there were cats up for adoption that needed a home on her phone. I immediately asked her if we could get them and how cute and sweet they looked. I also used pathos by telling my mom that they might not get a home if we don't adopt them. I used ethos to convince my mom to adopt the cats by how we used to have cats a very long time ago, how we haven't owned a cat or cats in a very long time, and the experience I have had with cats in the past. It took a lot of persuading to convince my mom to let us get the cats. Ultimately I think both rhetorical appeals played a very important role in us getting the cats but if I had to choose I would say ethos was the deal breaker.
Comments
Post a Comment