Prompt: After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing.
Prompt Response: Two important takeaways that I can apply to my own writing in order to prepare for argument essays in this class and on the AP exam are to make sure I provide specific, relevant evidence to support the claim I make. I noticed in one of the essays I reviewed on when overatted should be said I noticed that the student did not have or use lots of evidence to support their claim. To me, it was just the student saying what they thought rather than specific, relevant evidence to support the claim they made. The second and final important takeaway that I can apply to my own writing would be making my writing very interesting by not putting too much unnecessary wording and sentences into my essay. I noticed in the essay by one of the students on overatted can be applied to capitalism, their essay was very compelling and interesting while there was not any unnecessary wording or sentences I noticed while reading it. If I can apply these two important takeaways to my writing I think I will do just fine on my argument essay we will be doing in class on Wednesday.
Summary: On Wednesday in class, we were put into new groups for the next few weeks. In class, we reviewed past argument essay submissions for the AP Lang exam and scored them based on how well they followed the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Reflection: This will help me understand what I need to do for my argument essay and what I don't need to do. These past essays provided me with lots of examples of what I can improve on and what I already know how to do. This will help me on future assignments and writing portions like this.
Comments
Post a Comment