Prompt: Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt Response: The vocabulary word I learned today that I think will be most useful to me in the future is "cosmopolitan." I think it will be most useful when complimenting someone. Complimenting someone can go a long way by making someone's day and making them more appreciative of you. I think the word "cosmopolitan" means to be advanced or very good at something. I could realistically use this word in everyday settings like when I am at school, home, football games, etc.
Summary: Today in class, we spent all of class expanding our vocabulary on part two of the vocabulary book. We had to write all fifteen terms in our notebooks, and for the work portion we had to write an example sentence for each word and underline where we used it. We also had to do sections three and four of the vocabulary book. Once we finished it, we were required to hand it in to Mr. Rease by the end of the class period for a grade. In the last ten minutes of class, Mr. Rease made sure we were all registered for our AP Exam.
Reflection: All the vocabulary I learned today will not only expand my vocabulary and make me more intelligent, but it will also prepare me for the AP Exam and improve my writing skills by using more sophisticated vocabulary. This will also help me prepare for future tests and quizzes on this topic.
Comments
Post a Comment