Prompt: Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for.

 Prompt Response: A time I completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for was on the third week of August. My AP US History teacher assigned our class a project on creating a graphic organizer on all eight periods of the AP US History cirriculum. He wanted us to display our knowledge on all eight periods with research, drawings, historically accurate examples, reasoning, etc. I did not really undertsand the rubric and what he was asking for so I did not get the grade I was looking for, but it was still a good grade. Knowing the "ins and outs" of a rubric would have helped me and changed the way I had approached that assignment because I would have known exactly what to do, and what he was looking for to ensure I got the grade I wanted. You have to make sure to follow the rubric and do exactly what it is asking you to do for the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric in order for you get a good grade, connecting to the assignment in AP US History I did in the past.

Summary: Monday, in class we looked over and analyzed the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric. We took notes as a class and highlighted improtant parts of the rubric to prepare for our argument essay we will be doing on Wednesday. 

Reflection: This will help me with following directons and my note taking skills on important topics to study for tests and quizzes. This will especailly help me with my argument essay writing skills because of looking over this rubric.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt: Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Prompt: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?