Prompt: Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

 Prompt Response: Looking back at my AP Language argument essay, I have a lot to smile about, but I feel a little on edge about a couple of parts of it. I think I did very well on my claim and most of my evidence. I feel like I have a very strong and concise claim that clearly states my position and provides reasoning. I also think I did great on my two pieces of evidence; I feel I had lots of good reasoning and evidence to support my claim. However, I feel I could have refined it by avoiding extra thoughts. The most challenging part of my essay that I will do differently on my next argument essay is my conclusion and my time management. I spent so much time perfecting a part of my argumentative essay, and my conclusion lacked reasoning and support.

Summary: Wednesday in class, we started off the class period with brainstorming our thoughts for our argumentative essay we had to type in class. Then we typed up our AP Language argumentative essay, including our claim, evidence, and two pieces of evidence and why.

Reflection: This essay helped me greatly with my time management skills and my argumentative essay skills. Because of this, I will be much more prepared for the AP Language argumentative essay I will have to be taking in May. This will also help me with future assignments like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Write about something that you believed as a child.

Prompt: Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Prompt: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?